‘Holy Land Ministries' is registered as an Israeli non-profit organization in 1998, to assist homeless and needy Israelis.
Funding for all projects is by donation.
Most of the people served are Jewish immigrants from the former Soviet Union.
There are various reasons why these people become homeless:
- Immigrants with an insufficient grasp of Hebrew struggle to secure employment.
- With a complicated bureaucracy to deal with, citizens fail to receive government support available to them.
- Many people turn to drugs or alcohol to cope with the stress, addictions quickly develop with crippling results.
- Serving a free, hot meal on the local beach weekly
- Homeless shelter
- Clothing distribution.
- Regular fellowship meetings and Bible studies.
Assistance is given regardless of the person's religion, creed, nationality or race.
All of the abovementioned assistance is for free.
No person is obliged to change religion to receive services.
Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And plead the cause of the poor and needy.
Proverbs 31: 9